The selection of granite should be done very carefully and thoughtfully, since the surface can dramatically change the look, shape and look of the kitchen, bathroom or office space. While picking the stone, it’s always a good idea to bring to the showroom pictures of cabinets or tile to get the best match result. Also consider that these surfaces must endure a large amount of everyday wear and tear. Like other types of countertop materials, there are pros and cons that must be taken into consideration. Granite has become a very popular choice to the wide variety of colors and styles.
GRANITE COUNTERTOP PROS:
- Adds elegance and style to your home
- Gives unique look – no 2 pieces are alike and identical
- Adds value
- Contains natural beauty
- Can hold up to heat and is resilient against scratches.
- Provides a long-lasting and substantial look.
- Extremely durable.
- Granite is very affordable with the discoveries of new quarries
- Coloration will remain constant. Granite counter will always remain just as bright and as vibrant as the day it was installed.
GRANITE COUNTERTOP CONS:
- Can be pricy; but with access to many more quaries all over the world, granite is much less that most people think.
- It’s porous, but if it’s properly sealed then it’s not an issue. Stone Spirit offers standard 1 year sealer, but very inexpensively, you can add 15 year sealer and not to worry about it for many years.
- If any part of the granite cracks, that entire section will need to be replaced, but since it is a very durable stone, it is very unlikely to happen.
If you have any questions about granite or how to maintain it, please do not hesitate to contact Stone Spirit Inc., the leading provider of granite, quartz and marble in Orlando, Central Florida. It is all in one service company – provider, fabricator and installer.
Stone Spirit has a wide variety of granite, quartz and marble. Please, feel free to schedule an appointment or come to our showroom to view Granite, Quartz, Marble.